Hey friends! It’s been SOOO long since I’ve blogged last, but I’ve got some news for y’all now! On February 9th, Lord willing, I will be flying down to Guatemala and staying until the middle of April! I will be joining my good friend Mikah, who is currently teaching at a Christian school, while the long-term missionaries are away at language school. While I’m down there, I will also be teaching at the school, which will be a new yet surely enjoyable experience. 🙂
I am currently working part-time as I finish up the rest of my high school work. These things, along with many preparations for my trip, are keeping me very busy and feeling kind of overwhelmed at times. This morning during our church service, however, I was blessed by one line of the song “My Savior’s Love” that says, “He took my sins AND MY SORROWS, and made them His very own!” That reminded me of 1 Peter 5:7, where Peter encourages us to cast all our cares upon the Lord, for He cares for us. Remembering this important truth and giving my little worries and stresses to Jesus for Him to solve really blessed me today. I am still to give my all and do the best that I can, but “He’ll take care of the rest” (Keith Green quote there)!
It’s been a couple of years since my last mission trip (more on Jamaica HERE and HERE), and even then, the longest I was gone was two weeks. The nine weeks I’ll be spending in Guatemala will definitely feel like a long time compared to a couple of weeks. I know it’s where the Lord wants me, though, and I also know that He’ll be with me as I step out of my comfort zone a bit and follow His lead. I covet your prayers! If you are interested in praying for me, here some ideas:
- Pray that preparations would go well as I finish my last high school work before I leave, as I pack, and all the little things that go along with leaving one’s home and family for nine weeks.
- Pray that I can adjust to the new culture easily.
- Pray for the Lord’s help with my homesickness…I know it will be coming at some point.
- Pray for the work that is going on in Guatemala, at the school and otherwise, and that it will not be in vain.
- Pray that the Lord will stretch me and teach me a lot
- Pray for safety, both while I travel and while I am down there.
- Pray that I will keep my focus on the Lord, not on my difficulties or distractions.
- Pray for the family, as I’m sure it’s hard for them to get along without their favorite sister…………………………………………..(Oops, did I say that out loud? ….okay, just kidding. 😉 ) Pray for them anyway, since we have a big construction project going on at our house…more on that later. 🙂
I am SOOO excited about this trip!!! I am really looking forward to a new experience and the opportunity to spend time with Mikah! Yes, I do want to keep you all posted on what’s going on in the “land of eternal spring” via this blog! So feel free to subscribe by email if you want to, via the little box to the right. 🙂 Thanks for caring and reading this post, and I’m looking forward to seeing you around here some more!
Photo credit: Mikah Litchfield